Bank fraud losses cost the United States $16.8 billion in 2017 and as fraudsters continuously test for the weakest entry point into the financial system, financial institutions have to continuously find the newest ways to protect their customers.
United Southern Bank is committed to protecting your money by bringing you the latest in fraud fighting measures. But we can’t do it alone – here are some features we bring to you to help protect your money and not let the fraudsters win.
Get USB SecureAlerts – you decide from dozens of notifications to receive about your account.
Sign up for Fraud Text Messaging – get real-time text alerts to approve or deny questionable debit card activity.
Use Apple Pay® & Google Pay™ - pay on the go while leaving your card safely tucked away.
Use the Card Valet app or function in your mobile app -- turn your card off and on and set spending limits.
Sign up for estatements – don’t risk your statement being stolen in the mail.
Other ways you can help USB fight fraud:
- Monitor activity on your accounts regularly. Fraudsters are becoming savvier at avoiding detection of fraud monitoring programs by following transaction spending patterns that are similar to cardholders as well as by using less popular merchants that may not be monitored as heavily.
- Ensure United Southern Bank has current cell phone number to reach you in case of suspect activity on your account.
- When shopping online, do not store your login credentials or your debit card information on websites.
- Ensure your login credentials (user name and passwords) for your computer, online banking, smart phones, web sites or any system where you log in has secure, complex passwords that are difficult to guess (ex: minimum of 9 characters long using a combination of upper and lower case letters, number and characters).
- Update passwords for web sites regularly to ensure continued protection.
- Be cautious of accessing personal information and of purchasing online if on an unsecured or public WiFi network. Never do your banking on public WiFi.
- Ensure that personal computer and smart phone protections are kept current (ex: firewalls, antivirus software, etc.)
- Be aware of current fraud trends related to social engineering (ex: phishing) and social networking sites.
USB Personal Mobile and Online Banking
Track your money with mobile and online banking.
Receive a text message when your direct deposit is made
Get a text message alert when a check clears or debit card payment is made
Business Customers should contact a CSR at any branch for enrollment forms.
USB Debit Card Enhancements
There is more protection for your USB Card.
Use CardValetR within your mobile app to block use of your card, set purchasing limits and spending parameters.
Use your USB Card for purchases within your mobile wallet with AppleR and Android PayTM where accepted by retailers.
Get an immediate text alert if we suspect fraud and simply text us back if it's you for an approved transaction.
Use your USB Debit card with no surcharge fees at Presto at Publix Grocery stores and Allpoint locations through out the United States. To find an Allpoint location download the app or click here.