- No one from the IRS/government or your bank will call you and ask for your account information to deposit the funds.
- You won’t receive an email from the IRS/government asking you to give your banking information, so don’t open these emails or click through to links asking for more information about your personal information.
- Once the online registration site is ready, don’t give someone else your information to register you.
- You will not receive a check with a telephone number to call to “activate” the check or a check in an odd amount asking you to call.
- You won’t be threatened about how to be eligible for your check – so don’t fall for scams saying you have to pay back taxes or any other debt or fee in order to receive your check.
- IRS Warns about Cornovirus scams